Internship Opportunity: We’re Recruiting an Events Intern…
DHR News, Events, Jobs | 1st April 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
As part of our ongoing internship programme, DHR Communications is currently recruiting an Events Intern for a two-month work placement to provide assistance with our work on Africa Day.
This position would suit somebody looking to gain experience in event management, and who is interested in multiculturalism, arts and culture, entertainment, PR and public affairs.
Duties will include:
- Working as part of a small Africa Day team within DHR Communications to ensure the successful promotion and execution of all Africa Day events.
- Liaising with key Africa Day stakeholders, including: Irish Aid, the African embassies in Ireland, African representative NGOs, Dublin City Council, Cork City Council, Galway City Council and Limerick City Council.
- Assisting in the monitoring and updating of Africa Day’s online presence, including the www.africaday.ie website and Africa Day’s social media profiles (Facebook and Twitter).
- Liaising with participants in Africa Day events, in particular with participants in the flagship Africa Day Dublin event.
- Contributing to planning sessions on the layout, format and content for Africa Day events.
- Assisting with the production of marketing materials for Africa Day.
- Assisting with media relations around Africa Day, including developing basic press releases, event listings, press notices and photocall notices.
- Undertaking administrative roles associated with our work on Africa Day (including development and maintenance of databases; execution of mail-outs; minute-taking at multi-stakeholder meetings; etc.).
- Hands-on event management support at Africa Day events during the week of 21st to 27th May inclusive.
The following conditions apply to this internship:
- DHR Communications will provide an allowance to cover travel and subsistence expenses.
- The hours of work will be 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with additional hours required on 25th, 26th and 27th May.
- Participants in our internship programme can avail of mentoring and training from other members of the DHR Communications team, and are assigned a designated supervisor / mentor for the duration of their engagement.
- Interested applicants should be available to commence their work placement with DHR Communications during the first two weeks of April 2012.
If you are interested in working as an intern with DHR Communications, please email a CV and cover letter, outlining your previous experience and suitability for this position, to email@example.com by close of business (5.30pm) on Friday, 6th April. For further information, contact DHR Communications on 01-4200580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.