Call for volunteers to travel to Ethiopia
The Irish business-to-business charity Connect Ethiopis is looking for volunteers to teach their skills to workers in a heritage town in North Ethiopia.
As part of the StayLalibela tourism initiative, volunteers will offer a skills transfer to men and women working in the tourism industry in the heritage town of Lalibela, which is located in the North of Ethiopia. The skills-transfer will involve formal and practical sessions.
It is important that volunteers have significant experience in their field; are comfortable working with groups; have good communications skills; and are team players.
The volunteering experience offers participants an excellent opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful ancient sites of the world, while working closely with a group of highly motivated volunteers and trainees.
The following skilled volunteers are being sought to participate:
- Web / graphic designer with a strong proficiency in the use of WordPress.
- Tour guide.
- Hospitality trainer (to deliver training in front-of-house / reception management).
- Housekeeping trainer (to deliver training in room upkeep and general hotel housekeeping services).
Interested volunteers should contact Connect Ethiopia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers would be expected to:
- Be available to travel from 3rd to 10th November.
- Attend a number of induction sessions prior to travel.
- Cover all air travel; cost of vaccinations; and travel insurance.
See more about Lalibela at: www.staylalibela.com.
DHR Communications’ Managing Director Catherine Heaney has been a Board Member at Connect Ethiopia since 2008 and, last year, travelled to Lalibela – in a voluntary capacity – to help launch the ‘StayLalibela’ tourism initiative. You can read more about her experiences in Lalibela here.