Sponsorship Opportunity for a Nation-Wide Competition Aimed at Third-Level Students
‘Generation Next’ is a new competition, currently being developed by the South-East Regional Authority (SERA) as part of its involvement in the YES (Youth Entrepreneurship Strategies) Project, which is part funded by the European Union’s INTERREG IVC programme.
The YES Project involves eight different EU member states, including Ireland. Its aim is to improve policies at national, regional and / or local level regarding the integration of entrepreneurship education into mainstream education systems. In Ireland, SERA is working with the nationwide network of County and City Enterprise Boards (CEBs) on the Project’s implementation.
About the Competition
‘Generation Next’ will be one element of SERA’s work on the YES Project. The competition will be open to all third-level students in Ireland (including students at institutes of further education; PLC students; ITs; universities; etc.). It will invite students to submit proposals for educational tools – targeted at primary-school pupils – that would:
- Embed elements of entrepreneurial behaviour – such as creativity, curiosity, initiative, innovation and autonomy – in primary-school pupils.
- Raise awareness amongst primary-school pupils of the role of enterprise and entrepreneurs in society.
It is planned to launch the competition in February 2011 and to run a PR / marketing campaign during the months of February and March. The closing date for entries to the competition will be in mid-April, and the winning entries will be announced in early May. We are currently putting together the guidelines, judging panel, campaign ambassador and a number of associated materials, including advertising in colleges, a media campaign, and a roadshow around the country visiting colleges to enlist applicants.
We are currently seeking a sponsorship partner on the project. The following is a list of potential benefits / opportunities for such a partner:
- Branding on all materials associated with the competition, including posters, web campaigns, press materials, photocalls, social media platforms. A nationwide promotional campaign – which will include posters on college campuses throughout Ireland – will form one element of the marketing strategy for this competition, and would offer a good opportunity for the partner to target third-level students.
- Reference to the partner’s support in all PR outputs pertaining to the competition (an extensive media strategy is planned to complement the marketing campaign. This will include dissemination of press releases to national and local media outlets on an ongoing basis; pitches to target media; photocalls; and media events).
- Exposure at the Awards ceremony in May, at which a representative of the partner could present the grand prize.
- The partner would be invited to nominate a judge to sit on a high-level judging panel, with representatives of SERA, the education sector and high-profile Irish entrepreneurs.
- If desired, the partner could send a representative to the regional roadshow in colleges in February / March, at which the competition will be promoted among students.
In exchange for the above, the partner would be asked to provide the prize fund for the competition. Ideally, this would include:
- A piece of hardware such as a laptop or other platform, up to a maximum of 12. (There will be three winning entries for the competition, with a maximum of four members on each winning team).
- An extra prize to be determined for the overall winner.
Any sponsorship partners interested in becoming involved in ‘Generation Next’ can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01 488 5808 to discuss our proposal.
The ‘Generation Next’ competition is promoted and administered by DHR Communications, on behalf of SERA. For further information please contact: Generation Next, c/o DHR Communications, 4 St. Catherine’s Lane West, The Digital Hub, Dublin 8. Tel: 01-4885808, Email: email@example.com.